Thursday, February 28, 2013

1st Letter - Provo, MTC (Wk 1)

Thursday 2/28/13


Querida Familia,
Hola! Como Estan?  I miss you so much its crazy!  I almost cry every time I think about it, but luckily I don’t have much time to think about it.  As you know, I can’t email this week; my P-day isn’t until next Friday, so that’s when you should be expecting my first email.  Since we can’t email this week our MTC president told us to write home (but from now on I can only write on P-day, of course).  When I do email I will try to do so in the morning or just sometime when I’m not exhausted, frustrated, & maxed out.  I just want to warn you, that is how I feel right now.  It’s just kind of what happens at the end of the day. :P  So take everything I say with a grain of salt.  I guess everyone just keeps saying, the 1st couple days are ROUGH, just get to Sunday and things will start getting easier.    I’m looking forward to that, because honestly, it is TOUGH!  But I guess it’s good because it’s training us and preparing us for the field.  There are 6 Hermanas (*Sister Missionaries) and 4 elders in my district.  All 6 Hermanas are going to my mission; we all reported in and are leaving the same day! How cool is that??? 3 of the Elders are going to Resistencia, Argentina. 5 of the sisters are 19 (or 20) and one is 23 and way better at Spanish than the rest of us.  Mi comanera’s nombre es (*my companion’s name is) Hermana Tidwell.  She’s from here in Provo. I like her. 
Tomorrow morning we’ll teach our 1st investigator a lesson….in SPANISH! HELP ME! LOL   But so far the two of us work pretty well together.  El Espititu Santo (*the Holy Spirit) is so strong here, and Heavenly Father is looking out for me taking good care of me.  He’s helping me become better.  Better times are ahead to look forward to.  It’s just weird not being able to pick up the phone and tell you about anything & everything I want, especially since so much is going on.
                It’s really hard, but things are good, and they’re going to get better. Con tiempo (*with time):).  I have seen so many tender mercies, Heavenly Father probably thinks I’m so ungrateful right now because of my not so great attitude.  But It’s just RIGHT NOW, promise!  During the day I’m fine, and I do my best and work hard.  It’s just that at the end of the day - I’m done.  Please, don’t read this to anyone outside CLOSE FRIENDS AND FAMILY, I’d hate for anyone to know I’m not perfect :).  Miss you TONS, love you even more! Hasta Luego.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX….(TIMES INFINITY)
Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment