Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 15, (Lontue w/ Hmna Rojas)

HEYYYYYY!!!!

This has been a crazy week! We are actually in the mission office right now in Concepcion. We found out on Friday that we had to travel to Concepcion today because Hna Rojas needed to come here to work on some of her visa stuff. Not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed to be stuck here in the city while the rest of my zone is enjoying the fresh air in the mountains up north... choota!  But that kind of thing happens some times.  I feel blessed to have the opportunity to visit the mission office and visit with some of the missionaries that are down here in Conce[pcion] for the last time. 
Oh! getting here was fun too!  We took a bus from Curicó at like 8:30 last night and arrived here at almost one in the morning. The Elders that work here in the office took us to the nearest house where sisters live and Hmna Rojas and I slept on the floor in their front room.  It was kind of a cool moment though, one of those times when you are able to take a step back and realize, holy cow! I'm ACTUALLY here! I am living in CHILE... I'm IN South America! sleeping on the floor in the front room of this nasty run down little house! HOW COOL IS THIS?!?!?!  How many people can say that they've been where I am or experienced what I am experiencing? 
 
Hermana Rojas and I are learning a lot together!  Every week is a little different with new adventures and new challenges. This week we felt our burdens were weighing pretty heavy, feeling like we are doing the very best we know how, but also feeling like our efforts weren't cutting it, weren't good enough - beating ourselves up a bit. We had an interview with the AP [Assistant to the President] that is over the mission change (he's from Conce but they're sending him to work as an AP in Rancagua when the mission changes) and we were expressing our concerns with him and he pretty much just came out and told us that we were being TOO hard on ourselves and that we need to pray and ask the Lord how He feels about us, not rely on other people or numbers or anything else to tell us, because Heavenly Father knows us and understands our situations individually and He knows our hearts and exactly what we are doing and what we are trying to do. He said that Heavenly Father wants us to enjoy every minute of our mission and that if we aren't enjoying absolutely every minute we should help each other to cheer up. The Lord knows our hearts and our sacrifice, he doesn't expect perfection RIGHT now.  He understands we are new, we are human, and we are trying.   Hearing that was exactly, exactly what I needed to hear and was such a blessing!  I really think I was focusing too much on the little stuff and beating myself for not being a Perfect missionary 3 months into my mission.  The AP reminded us that all the Lord requires is our best effort, and as long as we give our all, day by day, and learn to LOVE the people, we will be happy and enjoy every day of our mission - our sorrows will be swallowed up in the joy of Christ. 
 
The baptism this week was SUPER awesome! Shania was confirmed yesterday and her MA Grandma who hadn't been to church in who knows how long came! AND she was talking to me after sacrament meeting and telling me that as she was getting ready to leave for church, her husband asked her "Por que no seguimos adelante?... Pienso que debemos seguir adelante.  [Why don't we continue forward?...I think we should just continue on]."  I almost jumped out of my skin for excitement!  She said that they both will be there the next week at church, and also, in Shania's blessing (when she was being confirmed) she was blessed that if she continued to be an example, her family would follow and return to the church and become strong together and better their situation as a family!  SO, we made sure and visit them after church yesterday and we made an appointment with them to have a FHE [Family Home Evening] along with a family that they were friends with way back when they attended church.  We are super excited to see what will happen!

Sorry, but once again I don't have the stuff I need to send photos, but the next week, si o si, voy a mandar por lo MENOS un foto [I am going to send AT LEAST one picture]

I love you! Congrats Trent, Zoe and Lucien on your awards!  Be good for mom and don't drive her nuts just yet, summer is just starting!  I LOVE YOU ALL soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! We find out cambios [changes...this next change could mean a companionship change &/or an area change which will also determine if she will be changing to the Chile, Rancagua Mission or staying in the Concepcion Mission] a week from today!  WOAH! Vamos a ver que pasa! Caul mision? caul mision??? :) Que eten super bien! Les amo muchisimo!!!! chaou!  [We'll see what happens!  Which mission?  Which mission? I hope everything is super good!  I love you all so much!!!!  bye!]

No comments:

Post a Comment