Monday, May 13, 2013

Wk. 11 (Lontué w/ Hmna Joglar)



Hola! Hola!!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOMMY!!! (and all the other wonderful mothers/grandmothers out there!)

…and... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON WEDNESDAY JOHN!!!!  I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!  I HOPE YOUR 11th IS THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!

Things are great here in Chile! We found a house to rent, but as of right now we aren’t sure when we are moving in.  We are also a little worried about whether or not we will actually be able to live there because we heard from one of the member ladies here that our land-lady likes to party (and lives right next door).  Hna. Joglar and my plan as of right now is to just move in to the house, baptize the land lady, and then not have to worry about rowdy parties anymore. ;) It’s kind of interesting though because the lady has to be at least 60 years old... I guess now would be a good time to use the phrase that my companion and the Elders in my district tell me ALL the time when weird things happen... "Welcome to Chile!" lol 
At the Zone conference the other week, one of our mission standards of excellence changed and that is that now they want us to work more with the members to get references from them, because statistically, if we contact 140 people every week (which is the standard of excellence for our mission), we will baptize one of our contacts about every five weeks, BUT if I remember correctly, for every 14“ish” contacted references from members there is 1 baptism.  SO, now they’ve asked us to do 12 contacted references from the members every week.  This week Hermana Joglar and I have been working hard to do that and have been getting to know the members a lot better through it (and also for our calling as edificadores de rama [branch builders]). It has actually been a huge blessing because we are starting to understand the branch and how things work here in Lontué better and the members are getting to know us better and as a result they like us more and trust us more with their contacts and everything.  Hna. Joglar and I are starting to feel more accepted, appreciated, and at home here and it feels like the work is moving along better now, because really everything works differently here in little Lontué so having member help is crucial. 
The end of the cambio [companionship changes] is a week from Tuesday (tomorrow), so this time next week I will know whether or not my comp. or I are getting transferred.  I’m thinking we will both stay put because I’m new, and my comp goes home after the next transfer (which is only four weeks) so they’ll probably keep her here instead of starting her brand new in a different area for only 4 weeks, BUT you never know!  It will be interesting to see what changes happen. :) 

Fam: I love you to pieces and miss you like crazy! It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good to Skype you yesterday, looks and seems like everyone is doing super good.  I'm so proud of you ALL and just can't even tell you how much I love you!  Keep being AWESOME, keep being Davis!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

ALL my love,
Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment