Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 35 (Buin with Hmna Arias)

HEY! 
Change of plans!  I have new companion!  her name is Hna Arias (she came to replace me when I got transferred out of Lontué, and now she's my companion) from Lima, Peru.  Monday night as the three of us were returning to the house, we get a phone call from the AP's telling us that I would be getting a new companion after all and that she would arrive Wednesday afternoon.  The great part is that now we don't have to divide our time between the 2 sectors and my comp and I can focus 100% on Alto Jahuel. 


We found an awesome new investigator this week, her name is Ana.  She practically contacted us one day in the street while we were talking to a friend of hers. We asked her if she'd like us to pass by and she said, "yes"! We finally got a chance to pass by this week and she was SO happy! She said the closing prayer in our lesson and while she was praying, she burst out in tears and just poured her heart out  in her prayer.  When we taught her about Joseph Smith she told us that she feels EXACTLY like he did because she wants to draw closer to God...but she's afraid to take a step in the wrong direction.  She is loving the lessons and is so open and wonderful!  Also, she came to church with us this Sunday and loved every minute of it!  She is like 50 - 60 years old and so sweet! hah  She's great! We're stoked about it! 


Things are different with Hna Irrazabal gone, but the funny thing is that she says Hi to me or sends me a message almost every day through the members that talk with her on facebook. lol 
This week we were under the sun a lot, I'm a little pink.  OH! and you should see the watch tan I am rockin' right now! haha  Summer is just starting and I cant wait to see the tan lines I'll have by the time fall rolls around.  This week we spent a lot of time searching for people on the list of less active members.  I actually enjoy it, even when we walk all day and only find a few names because all of the directions are out of date or whatever it be!  haha  (wow, I just put this this in italics and I don't even know how, so now I can't take it off.  Oh well haha)  But anyways, it's like an adventure looking for these people and when we find them its even better, because there are always opportunities to meet new people and share the gospel in new ways.  I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! :) 
Other than that, not much else is going on, just doing well, working hard, and enjoying it!
Love you so much family! take care of yourselves, don't forget your prayers and scripture study! You are the best family in the whole world!
Oh and mom, I read your stake conference talk... NAILED IT! ;) 
I love you!!! 
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment