Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 57 (Rancagua, Zona Tupahue 1 [Villa el Sol] w/ Hna Rojas)

¡¡¡¡¡¡VOY A ENTRENAR!!!!!!!!

¡NO LO PUEDO CREER! VOY A ENTRENAR! VOY A MORIR, PERO ESTA BIEN PORQUE IGUAL ESTOY SUPER ANIMADA! VOY A APRENDER MUCHISIMO! AY NO LO PUEDO CREER! 

[I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!  I AM GOING TO BE TRAINING!  I'M GOING TO DIE, BUT THAT'S OK BECAUSE AT THE SAME TIME I'M SUPER EXCITED!  I AM GOING TO LEARN SO MUCH!  WOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!]

So, yah!  I'm really excited and REALLY nervous! but the Lord always knows what He´s doing right? :)  

I have to be in the mission home tomorrow at 9:30 to have a little training meeting thing and then meet my trainee! QUE NERVIOSSSSSS haha...  I heard from one of the sisters who went to the temple this week (the temple is right next to the Mission Training Center) and who met the sisters that are coming to our mission, that like all of them are gringas...I'm not sure how I feel about that! lol [up to this point, Ynez has not had a single English speaking companion] ...all I know is that everything is going to be great! :) and according to God's will...and you know what? that's totally ok with me! :) 

I'm also a little bit nervous right now because I just saw that I recieved a group message from the mission President that he sent yesterday that started out with, "Estoy manando este mensaje a todas las coordinadoras esta semana."... or in English, "I'm sending this message to all the Coordinators (or the leaders among the sister missionaries) this week.".......... So I kind of just sat there staring at the screen for a sec, I'm still thinking it might have been a mistake because as of yet nobody has called to inform me that I've been called as a Coordinadora... and I also called the Zone Leaders to ask if they knew anything about it, but they said that they hadn't any idea, BUT that if I'm not the Coordinadora, then we don't have one in our Zone because it didn't show up on the sheet of transfers.  They said they were going to call the Assistants to the President and get back to me, but I'm still thinking this is a false alarm. haha  But be how it be, like Nephi, "I will go and do."

ALSO, the Assistants called yesterday to let me know that even though I'm not changing sectors, I have to change houses.  My new comp and I are going to live with the Sisters in the sector Recreo, which is next door, and where they live is right on the limit of our two sectors, so it shouldn't be too different, we just have to move alllll the stuff in the house over there! haha minus the beds, thank goodness! and I'm actually really excited to live with 4 sisters in the house again :) 

This has been a good week though!  We tried a new tactic with the Ramos family to try to catch them at home and with a sec to listen to us. We started passing by at night when we were near, and we left the video of the Restoration with them to see as a family. Finally, we caught them at home one night but the husband was busy at the moment, so we asked if we could pass by in a half hour and the mom said yes, so we did and we were able to teach them the Plan of Salvation (with a focus on eternal families) with a member present, and it went really well!  And what was really cool is that it seems like the Mom was really interested, like taking more interest now, when she was the one that was less interested.  We committed them to come to church the next day but they said they couldn't due to some commitments they already had, BUT that they would plan around it so that this next Sunday they can come! :D AND at the end of the lesson, after committing them to come to church THEY asked US when we were coming to visit them again. It was awesome!!!! :) 

I'm sad Hermana Rojas is leaving me, but we had a really great time together, working hard!  She is an awesome missionary.  She is off to spend her last transfer in San Fernando.  It's CRAZY how time flies, I feel like it was just 2 months ago that she was finishing MY training. 

Well fam bam, love you lots! it makes me so happy to hear that you are all anxiously engaged in serving and doing what the Lord would have you do! You are my heroes! Love you tons and tons! miss you tons too! take good care! and buy that silly puppy a muzzle or something! lol
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Hna Davis
 

[ PS from parents: We received an email from the Mission President which confirmed that she was called as a "Coordinadora".  Here are excerpts from the letter:

"Brother and Sister Davis-first, please accept our appreciation for sending such a wonderful young woman to our mission.  Hermana Davis is an exceptional missionary and has served faithfully in every assignment she has been given.  This past week she was given two new assignments-the first as a trainer for Hermana Houman and the second to be a coordinadora to help train other sister missionaries.  She will be outstanding in both.   Many times I wish parents could see their sons or daughters in action here in the mission as they would be most proud of how they handle their lives as representatives of the Savior.

We are fine with you coming and picking up Hermana Davis.  I will call you in the next few days when time permits and time zones coincide to discuss the particulars.

Her release date is calculated by adding 18 months to her MTC entry date and then adjusting it to the nearest scheduled transfer date (forward or back) which will be August 18th.

Thanks again for your support for Hermana Davis and for this great work.

Warmest Regards,
Presidente Warne
Mision Chile Rancagua" ]



No comments:

Post a Comment