Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 46 (San Fernando w Hna Castañeda)

Hola mi hermosa familia!
Have I mentioned that we are in the middle of summer? It's KINDA hot outside. lol 
It's been like 33 to 35 degrees Celsius all week. I've never been much of a water drinker, but its amazing how heat will change that. I'm just grateful I'm not in Argentina or Brazil or any of those places where it gets CRAZY hot.
This week has been one of perseverance and learning. I learned the importance of expressing feelings or impressions IN the moment to help us work TOGETHER better and be more efficient with our time, work habits, etc.  I feel so blessed to be in this sector, I can really see the hand of the Lord and see all the answers for many past prayers where I have asked to learn certain/specific things.  Getting here and getting the feel for this sector and getting to know my comp, leaders, the branch, etc I have been able to see and realize that it is like a glove fit to my needs to learn and grow, and it's exactly according to the Lord's will.  I never stop marveling at His great love, wisdom, and MERCY.  My testimony of prayer has grown so much recently. There are many times during the week where I get to moments where I feel like I have nothing more to give, when I wake up in the morning exhausted, or feel that my tank is running low and we are just starting the day, and in these times I have been able to kneel down and express EXACTLY how I am feeling to the Lord, my concerns about the day, about being able to work in a way that will be pleasing to Him when I'm already feeling exhausted etc, etc and pleading for strength, understanding and ability beyond my own, and with out fail, He has given it to me. He gives me the energy to keep pressing on, to put my whole heart might mind and strength into the work.  He gives me strength and ability to overcome my MANY weaknesses.  I've come to love and understand prayer and the Savior's grace like I never have before.  I just love the lines from the Hymn "Did You Think to Pray"
"Oh, How praying rests the weary! Prayer will change the night to day. So, when life gets dark and dreary, don't forget to pray." 
 
Don't forget to pray!  Prayer is AWESOME!  It's a chance to recharge our batteries, clean the slate, erase negative feelings, you name it!  SO... when life gets dark and dreary, DON'T FORGET TO PRAY! :) 
Something else I love about my companion, she likes to play fight and pour water down my back when I'm least expecting it... I always gasp from the surprise of cold water trickling down my back, then turn and say to her... "¡Gracias!... ¡Fresquito!" 
Fam, I love you so much! Y´all are studs!   
Sending lots of love and hugs, your favorite missionary,
Hermana Davis
 
PS: I'm not lying about the Bell's Palsy...Look!  It's all better!

No comments:

Post a Comment