Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 52 ***1 YEAR MARK*** (Rancagua, Zona Tupahue 1 w/ Hna Rojas)


HEY FAM BAM!!!!
Another good week!  The FANTASTIC news is that it's FINALLY starting to cool off here!! hahaha ...but you know I'll be missing the heat by the time winter rolls around.
This week we found 2 new FAMILIES to work with!  The first we found knocking doors and the other was a reference we contacted from our recently called lider misional [mission leader] (he is AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME, it was one of those too good to be true moments in sacrament mtg yesterday when they called his name as new ward mission leader).
I don't remember if I told you about Karina yet, but she is a yound woman (18) that we found my first week here and she is awesome!  We had divisions this week and my comp told me when I got back that they had already set a baptismal date with her and that she was already reading The Book of Mormon and praying to know if it is true (this was only our 2nd appointment with her). So we are super excited about that as well, the only stinky thing is that she committed to come to church this week and was going to bring her boyfriend too - who is evangelico but from the sound of it is pretty interested in what we teach as well - and wanted us to come get her Sunday morning, but when we passed by her house in the morning her dad came out and told us she was in Santiago for some reason... but hey, there's always next week!
What else? oh, so yes, I saw and visitted with Micaela Irrazabal and Samy last Monday and it was pretty much the best p-day in my entire life!  I had forgotten how much I LOVE THOSE GIRLS!!!! They are so so amazing, and I can't even describe how good it was to see Hna Irrazabal again, she is such a great woman! Such a great example to me!
Back to my sector:
I think our biggest challenge right now is lecciones con miembro [lessons with members], we have a lot of people willing to help us but lately, it seems like EVERY time we have a member planned to accompany us the appointments fall through OR when the appointments don't fall through, the member calls at the last minute because they have some emergency or something and can't come.  It's almost comical how often it happens, but we are just trying to work with it, trying new ideas and new strategies.  I'm sure it's just a phase that will pass, like any trial really :) we WILL over come haha



No comments:

Post a Comment