Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 65 (Rancagua, Zona Tupahue 1 [Villa el Sol] - w/ Hna. Arellano from Tabasco, Mexico

HOLA A TODOS!

It´s been a great week here in Villa el Sol. This week we have been working harder on involving/working with the members. This week my companion invited our new investigator, Joselyn, to be baptized and she accepted! SO we will be working more with her and her family to help her know how to receive answers to her prayers and gain a testimony that the church is true; that it really is the church of Jesus Christ, restored on the earth.  Haha I love that we get to teach that and share that and FEEL the truth of that everyday! 
I did divisions with the sisters that live in our house this week, my comp went over to Recreo´s area and Hna Nappa (la Paraguaya) came over to Villa el Sol to work with me for a day. She is super awesome and fun. We both have the same amount of time in the mission, but she is going home Sept 9th.  
We´ve been having more success, LITTLE by LITTLE, and personally I FEEL like we are having a lot more success just in the fact that we are working more with the members and that the Lord blesses us more for our efforts in that! We still have a long way to go and a lot more to do to combine our efforts with the members, but it has been exciting to see the little day by day successes and count our blessings. I have a funny/embarrassing stury to tell... 
So... its gradually been getting colder and colder.  Normally I get all dressed in a skirt and tights and everything before I start my study, but I don't normally put my shoes on because I like to put on a pair old socks so that my feet aren't popsicles.  One morning, I put on a pair of BRIGHT, electric blue socks with little bumble bees on them, then this day in particular I also put my shoes on over them because the bathroom floor was wet and I was finishing to get ready there. I remember putting my shoes on and thinking "maybe I shouldn´t do this, because knowing myself, I will forget I have these bright blue ugly socks on" but then I thought, "...Nah! I won´t forget!  Or even if I do, I'll totally notice as we´re getting ready to leave, besides, i don't want foot popsicles while I'm studying." 
... Well, long story short, I forgot!... and I DIDN'T notice while we were getting ready to leave, nor while we were saying our prayer to go out to work, nor when we went out the gate of the house and started walking down the street,... nor while we were crossing the main highway and people were randomly beeping their car horns at me and I couldn´t guess why.  I didn´t notice until we were about a block from the house and I went to tie my coat onto my bag and I looked down and something ELECTRIC BLUE caught my eyes on top of my dark grey tights. Yeah, I almost died, half because of embarrassment and half for laughing so hard! I remeber looking at my companion and saying " WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" and she was just like "I thought you meant to do it! I just thought to myself ¨Wow! she must be REALLY cold!"    Thanks for having my back compi!  hahahahaha  Needless to say, I took my SUPER STYLIN´socks off on the spot and shoved them into the deepest part of my bag. 

I´ve got a slight cold and sniffles this week, but don´t worry mommy, I finally started taking my vitamins that i´d been lugging around in my suitcase for 14 months, so I should get better soon! ;)

Fam bam! Love you to pieces! when did you all get so big and SO STINKING CUTE??!!!! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! ;) be good! make good choices! ZOE! you are so totally behind on your commitment to write me everymonth! ... TRENT! you dont have a commitment, but still! lol 
Take care!  I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!

Hna Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment