Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 70 (Rancagua, Zona Tupahue 1 [Villa el Sol] - w/ Hna. Arellano from Tabasco, Mexico)

Hey Fam bam!
SO this has been a good week! We started another cambio here in Villa el Sol together.  Things have been kind of interesting with the world cup going on and everything.  I feel like the weeks are seriously FLYING by and skipping days too!  Monday, Thursday, Sunday. haha SO much to do, so little time.
I'm sitting here in front of the computer screen mind blank, just thinking, What happened this week? What can I tell my family about???  I think the fact that I'm a little wound up isn't helping me think at all.  Here's what's happening:... Today Chile plays in the world cup again at 12pm (right now) and we have to enter the house before the game ends at 2pm, and be enclosed in the house the rest of pday. BUT the thing is that they told/informed us yesterday that we didn't have to be in the house until 3pm, so we made all our plans around that because we had to clean the house this week (deep clean) and then take pictures of it to send into the office and we had to do all that BEFORE going to use internet because we have to send them by email. So in total we have like 4 hours tops out of the house, and 2 of those hours are used by writing the family (and walking to and from the place), and my comp and I had to go to the center to go buy boots and fleece tights because the boots I was wearing had a huge hole in the sole and we were both freezing to death for lack of thick/warm tights. And that takes a while because we don't know the center very well and it's a little far away.  SO we leave at like 9:30 to go to the center, go to the bank, take out some cash, go buy boots at some sale place, then its like 11 something and our DL calls to let us know that we actually have to enter the house before TWO pm.  SO long story short I'm in the internet place right now rushing to write everything I need before I have to go home and we won't even have time to go grocery shopping or anything and I'm not going to lie, its a little bit frustrating, because they informed us badly.  But "everybody makes mistakes and everybody has those days", plus I'll get over it and bounce back shortly.  Sacrifice brings blessings!!! haha

On Wednesday we had to go home for a few hours too because Chile played Spain AND WON!!!! VAMOS CHILE!!!! hahaha  The people were screaming and driving by honking their horns, waving the flag out their car windows until they went to bed that night, and the game started at like 3 pm! I've never been one to get all excited about sports, let alone soccer, but their enthusiasm is definitely contagious.

Ok, so this week. This week we were finally able to teach Patricia again, and that was awesome because she is a great investigator! And for her schedule and everything we hadn't been able to teach her in like 3 weeks, it was crazy! But it was awesome to see that she is still very interested and open to listen to us and read the Book of Mormon and everything! :)

My companion got bit by a dog this week! haha but luckily it didn't break the skin (narrowly escaped the 6 rabies shots haha)! It was the craziest thing because we were walking along the side walk - and here ALL the houses have gates around their front yard/garden, and almost everyone has dogs that stand there and bark at you while you are trying to contact people lol,- so like I said, we were just walking along the side walk, passing by the houses, and there in this little hole in a wooden gate where you put your hand through to open the gate and as my companion passed by, this crazy dog jumped up and grabbed her elbow through that little tiny space in the fence!  She almost started crying, but more for being startled/nerves than feeling pain.

Other than that all is good here, we are happy and working hard. This Saturday we have an activity put on by us missionaries and our ward mission leader.  The theme is unity and friendship and we are going to try to unite the ward a little better so they work better together by playing games and everything, then we are going to have sopaipillas as refreshment! YUMM! sopaipillas con pebre!!!  haha it's going to be awesome and we are inviting the whole world, so we have high expectations! I'll let you know how it goes next week.

Love you guys lots and lots! I hope you are all well and making good choices haha. you are the best family in the whole wide world!  Thanks for sending pics of everyone! that´s so cool that mike´s fam cam to visit! Send my love to everyone! Take care!!!!!
Hna Davis

ps. ZOE!!! write me a letter or I'll hang you by your toe-nails.
With care, your long-lost/forgotten/abandoned/neglected sister. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment